We Care About Your Safety
Dr. Lin, Dr. Rivera and Optician, José, have each had two doses of COVID-19 vaccine. Masks continue to be required in our healthcare facility. A confirmed appointment is necessary for all optical and optometry service, so we can continue our safety protocols to mitigate aerosols.
by appt only:
Tuesdays – Fridays: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (closed for lunch 2:00 – 3:00)
Saturdays: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Here are a few of our safety policies based on CDC and OSHA guidelines:
1) Your safety and the safety of our community remain our priority. We are following CDC recommendations for SARS-CoV-2 disinfection and protection from aerosolized droplets.
2) We need your email to send you a health questionnaire and a patient history form to help you get the most from your visit. The patient history form will be emailed to you so you can bring in the form to your visit. You can choose to complete the health history form on our HIPAA compliant website under “Patient Resources” tab.
3) We need your cell phone number to confirm your appointment and to communicate with you.
4) Our phone, text and email systems are HIPAA compliant. We will not use your cell or email for promotional purposes.
5) Please wear your contacts to your appointment if you need to re-new your contact lens prescription. We will give you a new contact lens case to keep.
Minimizing aerosolized droplets in our office environment
Breath guards are in place on our instruments where helpful.
We prefer one-to-one patient and staff/doctor interactions which also allows us to reduce aerosols in our office.
Our ventilation system was updated in June 2021 and our system utilizes Merv 13 air filters. We have an additional HEPA air filter in our exam room and we have opened our windows for air circulation in the optical area.
Frames are disinfected by UV-C lamps after patients try them on.
Patient care instruments are wiped with FDA approved disinfecting wipes between every patient encounter.