Thank you, our community, for navigating this pandemic with our small Oakland healthcare business these past two years. We appreciate you reading our emails, listening to our voice messages, and following our office safety protocols – pivoting with us as we implemented guidance from our professional associations (American Optometric Association and the California Optometric Association). We look forward to 2023 which will be our 30th year as a small business in Oakland . And, we would not be 28+ years in business without your support. Thank you!
We Care About Community Safety
A confirmed appointment is necessary for all optical and optometry service, so that we may continue our safety protocols to mitigate community transmission of current variant(s) of SARs-COV-2. Masks continue to be required in our healthcare facility.
Dr. Lin, Dr. Rivera and Optician, José, have each had three doses of the COVID-19 vaccines.
by appt only:
Tuesdays – Fridays: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (closed for lunch 2:00 – 3:00)
Saturdays: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Here are a few of our safety policies based on CDC and OSHA guidelines:
1) Your safety and the safety of our community remain our priority. We are following CDC recommendations for SARS-CoV-2 disinfection and protection from aerosolized droplets. One-to-one patient and staff/doctor interactions allows us to reduce aerosols in our office. Moderne Eye has a written safety protocol to comply with recommended safety guidelines. These guidelines apply to everyone who enters our office.
2) We need your email to send you a health questionnaire and a patient history form to help you get the most from your visit. The patient history form will be emailed to you so you can bring in the form to your visit. You can choose to complete the health history form on our HIPAA compliant website under “Patient Resources” tab.
3) We need your cell phone number to confirm your appointment and to communicate with you.
4) Our phone, text and email systems are HIPAA compliant. We will not use your cell or email for promotional purposes.
5) Please wear your contacts to your appointment if you need to re-new your contact lens prescription. We will give you a new contact lens case to keep.
Minimizing aerosolized droplets in our office environment
Proof of COVID Vaccination + Booster is no longer required as of March 1, 2022.
The number of people in our office is STILL limited by available appointment times for optical and optometry services. Our optical services, including eye wear sales, are currently limited to patients who receive their eye exams at Moderne Eye. No outside prescriptions are currently being accepted.
Our ventilation system was updated in June 2021 and our system utilizes Merv 13 air filters. We have an additional HEPA air filter in our exam room and we have opened our windows for air circulation in the optical area.
Frames are disinfected by UV-C lamps after patients try them on.
Patient care instruments are wiped with FDA approved disinfecting wipes between every patient encounter.
Hand sanitizer is available as are hand washing locations.